Questions about entering new elements at frontend

Si vous n'arrivez pas à configurer le composant pour votre collection...
Don Camillo

Questions about entering new elements at frontend

Message par Don Camillo »

Hello,

thanks upfront for providing such a usefull modul for Joomla. I develop a homepage for my local club and I have a lot of ideas for using your code.

But implementing the first of the ideas I found some points in which I need your help

1. The elements should be entered by users who are not registered (logon on). So I created a new menu option and choose the standard "element entering layout" (original german text - Element Eingabe-Layout). OK so far. Unregistered users choosing the new menu option will get a message "...." meaning "not allowed". If I sign on, everything is fine and I receive the input layout for entering the data. What do I have to configure to allow non registered users to enter data ?

2. One of my fields is a picture field. So within the data entering layout I receive a button "SELECT IMAGE". Pressing it will bring up a window with the same layout for entering the data as directly from the menu, not a specific option for selecting the image file. This looks a little bit strange. How do I get a window for selecting the file ?

Entering the data from the backend everything goes right. I can see all entered data and filter it as needed. So my problems are around the data entry screen in the frontend.

steevo
Administrateur du site

Re: Questions about entering new elements at frontend

Message par steevo »

Hi,
Don Camillo a écrit : 1. The elements should be entered by users who are not registered (logon on). So I created a new menu option and choose the standard "element entering layout" (original german text - Element Eingabe-Layout). OK so far. Unregistered users choosing the new menu option will get a message "...." meaning "not allowed". If I sign on, everything is fine and I receive the input layout for entering the data. What do I have to configure to allow non registered users to enter data ?
For the moment, you can't allow unregistered users to submit elements.
This will come but i don't know when.
Don Camillo a écrit : 2. One of my fields is a picture field. So within the data entering layout I receive a button "SELECT IMAGE". Pressing it will bring up a window with the same layout for entering the data as directly from the menu, not a specific option for selecting the image file. This looks a little bit strange. How do I get a window for selecting the file ?
For that, you have to replace the file /components/com_collector/router.php with the one you can find here:
http://forum.steevo.fr/viewtopic.php?f= ... outer#p355
Tell me if this solve the problem.

Don Camillo

Re: Questions about entering new elements at frontend

Message par Don Camillo »

Hello steevo,

yes, it works. Thanks.

Répondre