Some ideas...

Si vous avez une idée pour une future fonctionnalité
fornax

Some ideas...

Message par fornax »

Hi,

I am using the collector component during last days and I have some ideas:

1. It would be desirable to have a possibility to sort the items in collection.

2. In the Backend - When we have more items than the display set on one page, the numbering on each page is restarted. I think that would be more convenient if the numbering will be continue.

3. In the Backend - In the back end. When we have more items with the same name but different in other fields (eg. Audi A4 2000 made by Minichamps, and Audi A4 2000 made by Edison) we have problems if we want to change specific item. I know that is also ID which is differ for each item, but it is difficult to remember the items. Maybe it would be more convenient if we have the possibility to show also other field in the back end (eg. in configuration).

4. In the Backend. It would be desirable to have a button "duplicate the item". I have many items which differ in only detail and I must to do copy-paste operation between two windows many times.

Slawek

steevo
Administrateur du site

Re: Some ideas...

Message par steevo »

Hi,
fornax a écrit : 1. It would be desirable to have a possibility to sort the items in collection.
There is two ways to sort items.
When you create a menu link, you can choose a default order in advanced parameters.
After in back-end, in the "fields" menu, you can click in column "sort" to activate sort on the field. So in front-end, you can order collection by this field.
fornax a écrit : 2. In the Backend - When we have more items than the display set on one page, the numbering on each page is restarted. I think that would be more convenient if the numbering will be continue.
You're right. I'm going to change that.
fornax a écrit : 3. In the Backend - In the back end. When we have more items with the same name but different in other fields (eg. Audi A4 2000 made by Minichamps, and Audi A4 2000 made by Edison) we have problems if we want to change specific item. I know that is also ID which is differ for each item, but it is difficult to remember the items. Maybe it would be more convenient if we have the possibility to show also other field in the back end (eg. in configuration).
I had the same problem with my own collection. So in back-end, you can edit your collection and in field "custom title", you can select several fields and the values will be concatenate to create the name in the list of items.
fornax a écrit : 4. In the Backend. It would be desirable to have a button "duplicate the item". I have many items which differ in only detail and I must to do copy-paste operation between two windows many times.
You're still right.
I had thought about that but I don't have implement it yet.

Thank you for reporting this.

fornax

Message par fornax »

steevo a écrit :Hi,
fornax a écrit : 1. It would be desirable to have a possibility to sort the items in collection.
There is two ways to sort items.
When you create a menu link, you can choose a default order in advanced parameters.
After in back-end, in the "fields" menu, you can click in column "sort" to activate sort on the field. So in front-end, you can order collection by this field.
You're right. It is working! Thanks
steevo a écrit :
fornax a écrit : 2. In the Backend - When we have more items than the display set on one page, the numbering on each page is restarted. I think that would be more convenient if the numbering will be continue.
You're right. I'm going to change that.
fornax a écrit : 3. In the Backend - In the back end. When we have more items with the same name but different in other fields (eg. Audi A4 2000 made by Minichamps, and Audi A4 2000 made by Edison) we have problems if we want to change specific item. I know that is also ID which is differ for each item, but it is difficult to remember the items. Maybe it would be more convenient if we have the possibility to show also other field in the back end (eg. in configuration).
I had the same problem with my own collection. So in back-end, you can edit your collection and in field "custom title", you can select several fields and the values will be concatenate to create the name in the list of items.
It is working! Thanks again!
steevo a écrit :
fornax a écrit : 4. In the Backend. It would be desirable to have a button "duplicate the item". I have many items which differ in only detail and I must to do copy-paste operation between two windows many times.
You're still right.
I had thought about that but I don't have implement it yet.

Thank you for reporting this.
Thanks Steevo!

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

fornax a écrit : Thanks Steevo!
You're welcome ;)

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »