problem with duplicated Items in the list view

Si vous détectez un bug, signalez-le ici
Specht

problem with duplicated Items in the list view

Message par Specht »

Hello,

I'm testing the collector component (current version of joomla and the component)- not for a real collection - for a list
of locations with ~40 fields and 60 items per collection and in genaral it exactly what I want or need...
unfortunaly I receive now in the List view ( I just coppied the template from your example )
a multiple listing:
when I have 1 item in the collection all looks well,
when I have 2 items in the collection I receive the list 2 times with 2 headerlines
when I have 3 items in the collection I receive the list 3 times with 3 headerlines
when I have 4 items in the collection I receive the list 4 times with 4 headerlines...
see attached picture...

would be wounderfull if somebody could help me...

BTW: as far as I'm running the side in German it could be possible that I'll translate your
your language files to German - if you are intrested I can sent you these files...
but depending if i can fix the above mentioned issue... if not i have to search somthing whats working for me...

thanks in advance for your help
Fichiers joints
2010-02-17_193025.png
(17.82 Kio) Téléchargé 2 fois

steevo
Administrateur du site

Re: problem with duplicated Items in the list view

Message par steevo »

Hi,

In fact, it's the same problem as http://forum.steevo.fr/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3

0.3.2 is just released to fix this problem. If it don't, please tell it here.

Specht

Message par Specht »

Hello Steevo,

maybe I used a wrong way, but it seems not to be fixed...
I tried the following:
1. - install 0.3.2 over 0.3.1 via joomla -stopped with error(folder is in use from other component)
2. - overwrite all files of 0.3.1 with these from 0.3.2
still mentioned as 0.3.1 in the dashboard and no change in the frontend-view
3. deinstall com collector
new installation of 0.3.2
replaced the database with my backup ( to prevent recreating of 40fields and some items )
mentioned as 0.3.2 in the dashboard but no change in the frontend-view
deleting all templates except of yours and creating two new copies (without naming alias)
- no change in frontent view
creating 2 new copies from your templates and typing in alias 'default'
- no duplicated items....

I'll try play a little bit further by exporting my fields and items seperatly...
do you have a idea how to update without loosing the data? I thought it works with replacing the files but it seems that there is also somthing different in the database or?

thanks in advance for your help

update:
I found out when i made a new installation of 0.3.2 that it works with your default templates fine: I added a new collection, some fields and some items for test...
if I want to use a different template then again you have the duplicated Items problem.
conclusion is that there is a need for this alias 'default' also in 0.3.2...

update2: okay I found out the difference in the database between 0.3.1 and 0.3.2
is just in the #_collector_templates table
so if sombody want to use the old data either he needs to edit the "collection field" for both default templates from "1" to "0" or to use the #_collector_templates from 0.3.2...
but still you cant use your own templates only the default ones
-

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

If you want to use other template, you have to modify html with the button "edit html".

If you want some help to create your own template, describe me how you want to display your collection. Because for the moment, it's not easy to create template and you should use a different way between listing and detail.

Specht

Message par Specht »

steevo a écrit :If you want to use other template, you have to modify html with the button "edit html".

If you want some help to create your own template, describe me how you want to display your collection. Because for the moment, it's not easy to create template and you should use a different way between listing and detail.
Hello Steevo,

don't now why yesterday i had still the problem
- if you copy your template to a new one ( f.e. just for having 3 colums per entry in a listing )
you receive the "duplicated item bug" (workaround change parameter of default template in database entry)

today it's working like it should... maybe some temp-files or cache...

And Yes I'm intersted in an own template for the detail-view - but I'm close to finish this
as I have seen the similar topic where you made an example - post in french - but code is international ;)
and I don't want to waste you time... 8-)

pls spend it for the next release with more translation.. and link-detection... :P

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

Specht a écrit : And Yes I'm intersted in an own template for the detail-view - but I'm close to finish this
as I have seen the similar topic where you made an example - post in french - but code is international ;)
and I don't want to waste you time... 8-)

pls spend it for the next release with more translation.. and link-detection... :P
i'm working on it :!: ;)

strmora

Message par strmora »

Hello,

I've just installed the last version 0.3.3, and I have the same problem: duplicated Items in the list view. With default template all it's ok, the problem is when I use a new template.

Should I install the version 0.3.2?

Thanks for your time.

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

strmora a écrit :Hello,

I've just installed the last version 0.3.3, and I have the same problem: duplicated Items in the list view. With default template all it's ok, the problem is when I use a new template.

Should I install the version 0.3.2?

Thanks for your time.
steevo a écrit :If you want to use other template, you have to modify html with the button "edit html".

Hi,

You don't have to downgrade your version. This functionnality is not easy to use. You should have knowledge of hmtl and php languages.
If you need help, explain the way you want to display your collection.

strmora

Message par strmora »

Hello,

I really want to use a different template for each collection. Is it possible? The question is that when I have a template with no association with a collection (default) the output is ok, but when I set it to a collection, the template is replicated as many times as items have the collection. In my test, I have copy the content of “default_default” template, pasted it in a new template using “edit html” button. Then I assigned it to a specific collection and the output is not ok.

Thanks in advance.

strmora

Message par strmora »

Hello again,

I have been studying the component code, and I believe that I´ve already found the problem of the items repetition:
In file “/components/com_collector/views/collection/tmpl/default.php” (line 147), there is a “for” that goes through every item, and each time, the template is loaded. The problem is that the template already has all content to show loaded, so everytime the code perform a repetition, all items are displayed.
I don’t know how to repair this, because I don’t understand the control of the columns. Any clue?

Thank you very much for your time.

Répondre