error: Error in recording - WARNREG_INUSE

Si vous détectez un bug, signalez-le ici
fornax

error: Error in recording - WARNREG_INUSE

Message par fornax »

Hello,

I tested your component. This is what I need but I got error and I cannot fix it.
When I added to your default list of items the next item - everything is OK, but when I want to add additional items, I receive the error: Error in recording - WARNREG_INUSE.

May you know where is a problem? Joomla 1.5.15 and Collector 0.3.2

Kind regards,
Slawek

steevo
Administrateur du site

Re: error: Error in recording - WARNREG_INUSE

Message par steevo »

Hi,

Please describe what you fill in each field when it works and when it doesn't.

Can you create an account in backend for me ? (in PM you can send me link and password)

fornax

Message par fornax »

Currently, I cannot add you to the back end (portal owner decision). I try to understood what could be a cause of this error. I have a second instance in second based joomla portal (test portal) and still component does well (I added many fields, many photos, changed content of the fields, changes name of the collection and nothing.

I saw the tables in phpmyadmin and understand that, the information about items are stored in jos_collector_items_1 (of course if I have only one collection)? I understand that this table stores everything changes of the items. When I change the content of the field, the source code of the component creates new record in this table with next id. Only these records which have state=1 are current version of the item.
I manually modified one entry in the table in phpmyadmin and the component shows this entry modified. If I try to modify the same entry in component I get error. It looks like an attempt to tables was lock. Unfortunately, I can add next fields, next defined lists. Only new item insert and changing item processes are impossible.

Slawek

fornax

Message par fornax »

When I create new item the new record with new id in jos_collector_1 is created, new id=29 (see attached tabela1.jpg) but in the jos_collector_item_1 new record with new id and item=29 not exists (see attached tabela1.jpg).

I manually added new record with id=48 item=29 state=1 and I have correct record, component shows correctly this item.

I try from the frontend to modify earlier items and also I have the same error: Error in recording - WARNREG_INUSE

I create new user with administrator privilege in the backend to manage this component. Unfortunately, this new user cannot also added new items.

Slawek
Fichiers joints
tabela2.jpg
(106.12 Kio) Téléchargé 2 fois
tabela1.jpg
(255.63 Kio) Téléchargé 2 fois

fornax

Message par fornax »

This info is showed by this fragment in a file /joomla/database/table/user.php

// check for existing username
$query = 'SELECT id'
. ' FROM #__users '
. ' WHERE username = ' . $this->_db->Quote($this->username)
. ' AND id != '. (int) $this->id;
;
$this->_db->setQuery( $query );
$xid = intval( $this->_db->loadResult() );
if ($xid && $xid != intval( $this->id )) {
$this->setError( JText::_('WARNREG_INUSE'));
return false;
}

My investigation continues...

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

Hi

I don't understand what can happen.
You don't have problem with other component installed ? maybe a problem with user database ?

in your file tabela1.jpg , it's not normal that field checkout doesn't come back to 0 after editing the item...

fornax

Message par fornax »

I have installed 23 components, I done several tests in CB and CB shows that everything is well with user database. Other components also work well.

I don't have an idea to solve this problem.

I uninstalled the collector component and installed again. Currently, component works well. It means that user database is ok. I suppose.

Slawek

fornax

Message par fornax »

Steevo,

I know where is the problem. As I said in last post, I installed again the component. Everything do well to the moment when I changed the unique flag in added fields. After that I achieved the error. When I set up the flags to the initial state, the error did not appear.
Unfortunately, every simple filed have the unique flag set to unique. This situation is very difficult in practice, eg. I want to have a new field - a color as a simple field, and automatically this field is change to unique. What do you thinking about it?

Kind regards,
Slawek

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

Hi,

Ok, i'm going to change the return message "WARNREG_INUSE" to have something more explicit.
A field with flag unique means that the value must be different from others items. I've just tested it and it seems to work well.
fornax a écrit :I want to have a new field - a color as a simple field, and automatically this field is change to unique.
I don't understand how it can "automatically" change to unique. Normally, when you create a simple field, the flag is not set.

fornax

Message par fornax »

You have right, my fault, sorry. The flag is not set to unique. The component works properly. The error exists when I set a field as a unique and for two items I putted the same value. My fault.

Slawek

Répondre