Double Display

Si vous n'arrivez pas à configurer le composant pour votre collection...
Birder

Double Display

Message par Birder »

Hi, Thats for this component

I have a collection and have entered just 2 items so the list view should be just 2 rows but for some reason i get 2 sets of 2,

It must be something i have done but i just cant see why

http://www.andysmilitarybadges.com/badg ... &Itemid=56

shows you

Thanks

Birder

Re: Double Display

Message par Birder »

Hi

I have added another item and now i have 3 listing so what is happening is each item is being listed in its own section do repeated

Birder

Message par Birder »

I have found that if i use the default listing template it lists correctly but if i copy the list template to a new name, so its an unmodified copy then it lists multiple times

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

Hello,

That's normal. If you want to create a custom template, you have to modify your copy.
Look : http://forum.steevo.fr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9

Birder

Message par Birder »

Hi

Thanks for the answer but i dont understand

I make a copy of the default, so its exactly the same, so why does it not work the same as the default one after all its a direct copy

Regards

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

Because default template and custom template are not used the same way.

This functionnality is just implemented for those who have to modify template, it's not fully developed, so it's difficult to use it.

Birder

Message par Birder »

Now i understand

Thanks

Great product

Birder

Message par Birder »

Idea to help:

Could you post a working detail and listing template we can ftp that works correctly but displays in a different way than the default so we can see what can be done. Maybe one that displays fields using thier name or number rather than reading the fields using a loop.

Also does the search plugin work as i cannot get it to find anything in my collection. Just to confirm all i have done is installed it and enabled it.

Also is there a way that i can display a field in the listing page but not in the details page, It so simple to switch on the fields in listing, it would be great to be able to switch them off in the same way for the detail page, and both off to be a hidden field

Also is there a way to not display a field if its contents are Null

Also if i un-publish a field it still shows in the listing and details pages

Thanks for all your help and a great product

Donation sent ;)

steevo
Administrateur du site

Message par steevo »

Birder a écrit :Idea to help:

Could you post a working detail and listing template we can ftp that works correctly but displays in a different way than the default so we can see what can be done. Maybe one that displays fields using thier name or number rather than reading the fields using a loop.
I'm on holidays for the moment so i can't do this for the moment. I will in few weeks.
Birder a écrit : Also does the search plugin work as i cannot get it to find anything in my collection. Just to confirm all i have done is installed it and enabled it.
yes, it's that. For me it works:
http://www.steevo.fr/fr/component/searc ... phrase=all
Can you export your database (collector tables only) and give it to me ?
Birder a écrit : Also is there a way that i can display a field in the listing page but not in the details page, It so simple to switch on the fields in listing, it would be great to be able to switch them off in the same way for the detail page, and both off to be a hidden field
The only way is to create a new template and display what you want.
Birder a écrit : Also is there a way to not display a field if its contents are Null
No but it's a good idea.
Birder a écrit : Also if i un-publish a field it still shows in the listing and details pages
That's not normal. Maybe cache to purge ?
Birder a écrit : Thanks for all your help and a great product

Donation sent ;)
Thank you!

Birder

Message par Birder »

steevo a écrit :
Birder a écrit :Idea to help:

I'm on holidays for the moment so i can't do this for the moment. I will in few weeks.

have a good one
Birder a écrit : Also does the search plugin work as i cannot get it to find anything in my collection. Just to confirm all i have done is installed it and enabled it.
yes, it's that. For me it works:
http://www.steevo.fr/fr/component/searc ... phrase=all
Can you export your database (collector tables only) and give it to me ?

how do i export them?
Birder a écrit : Also is there a way that i can display a field in the listing page but not in the details page, It so simple to switch on the fields in listing, it would be great to be able to switch them off in the same way for the detail page, and both off to be a hidden field
The only way is to create a new template and display what you want.
Birder a écrit : Also is there a way to not display a field if its contents are Null
No but it's a good idea. cool
Birder a écrit : Also if i un-publish a field it still shows in the listing and details pages
That's not normal. Maybe cache to purge ? not cache, if i switch the field off in list that works straight away
Birder a écrit : Thanks for all your help and a great product

Donation sent ;)
Thank you! you are welcome

Répondre